Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Pris. My talking caller ID stop working and calls are not…

Customer Question
Pris. My talking...

Pris. My talking caller ID stop working and calls are not register. What can I do

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's a panasonic talking caller ID model #KX-TG 7641. The talking caller ID was working before. Looks like an x

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system), and if so, are they working properly?

4) When you say "The talking caller ID was working before. Looks like an x ", does that mean that the DISPLAY of the handset(s) is not only showing an X - instead of the proper caller ID?

Thanks

1) 3 head sets with this system,
2) My phone service provider for the phone is Verizon
3) There are no other devices attached to the same phone line
4) Maybe the symbol x= is not appropriate but a symbol is showing in front of "find name"

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - may I ask if you still have the Operating Instructions (manual) for this system?

If so, can you take a quick look at pages 15 & 16 and see if the symbol is shown in the "Item/Meaning" table(s) on those pages?

If you don't have that manual, just let me know and I may be able to show those symbols/tables here, or even send you an electronic version of the manual.

Thanks

Unfortunately I did not have the manual. Please send the pages to me,

Hi again,

I have a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual for you below. Please try this link to get the manual on your computer.

You MAY have to highlight the entire link and right-click to OPEN the manual OR SAVE it to your computer.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tg762x_kx-tg764x_mul_om.pdf

In the mean time, I will grab those tables (as images) and post them here.

Thanks

I looked for the symbol in the manual; however, to no avail. I will go to Staples and see if the phone could need just a battery.

Hi again,

Were you able to get the manual I sent?

If so, there are other icons on page 10 - that show the different BATTERY LEVELS. And one at towards the bottom of that list shows what could be interpreted as an "X".

Also, you may not need to go to Staples specifically, as the batteries may be a bit expensive there - when compared to other stores (such as department or electronics stores). But if that is the closest most convenient place to go, by all means try it.

Just remember to charge up the NEW batteries for a few hours before you TEST if that helps. And make sure you get the same TYPE of batteries (rechargeable Ni-MH) of the same capacity or a bit more.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

And if this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)