Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

The screen of one of the cordless handsets of my Panasonic…

Customer Question
The screen of one...
The screen of one of the cordless handsets of my Panasonic Model KX-TG3034 answering system sometimes goes blank or the text is greatly reduced in size. I've swapped batteries
but the problem persists with that handset. Please advise...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The AGE of this phone system and

2) WHEN this issue first began?

3) Have the battery packs in these handset EVER been replaced (with new) and if so, WHEN was that last done?

Thanks

The phone system was purchased new 1/10/2008. Problem started about 1 month ago. Believe that I replaced the battery in one of the handsets about 18 -24 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - that is a rather old system - as phone systems go. It is about 2-3 generations behind the current technology and MAY be hard to find replacement components at a reasonable cost.

That being said, can you FIND the NEWER battery pack - and make absolutely sure that you swap that newer battery pack into the handset that has the screen issue?

I only mention this because different handsets can be "sensitive" to a particular voltage level of a battery - and swapping in an old battery that works in one handset may NOT cause a change at all.

Please let me know if you can do that - and let me know if the failing handset display CHANGES - when the newer battery is swapped in.

Thanks

I was mistaken about the model no. It is a 3 handset system, not that it makes any difference. I swapped batteries and one seemed to make a difference. I probably need a new one. I'll check with Panasonic to see if a replacement is available.

Hi again,

IF the NEWER battery WORKED to improve the display of the failing handset, then I would recommend replacing ALL the batteries - in one shot.

Now this may be a bit costly if you try to get the battery packs one at a time - but if you get a "multi-pack" of batteries, they are quite affordable.

I have a link to Amazon where I did a search for "KX-TGA300 battery pack" below (the handsets are model number KX-TGA300)

Click Here for Search Results -->http://amzn.to/1U2VfQA

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)