Hi again and thanks for that information.
Sorry for any delay - we must be in different time zones.
OK - assuming that the replacement handsets are the same MODEL as the ones to be replaced, you should be able to "register" them to this MAIN base unit.
BUT, this also assumes that the MAIN BASE UNIT has "free/open slots" (in memory) to be able to recognize and register these new handsets. Since you mentioned that you "have 10 handsets in total", the 10 available slots may already be taken. If that is the case, you will need to "free up" two slots - so that these new handsets can be registered.
To free up those slots, the basic steps are as follows:
1) FIND the handset "numbers" that you want to free up (the number of the lost or bro***** *****dsets).
2) Use a WORKING handset to "de-register" the handset numbers of the OLD handsets - from the MAIN BASE UNIT.
3) Register the NEW handsets into those slots (one at a time).
I have attached an image of how you should be able to de-register a slot - using a "working handset".
I have also attached an image that shows how to register handsets to the base, of different types.
Now if you can not get that to work, there is another more drastic step that you can take - which is the RESET the MAIN BASE - back to factory settings - so that ALL MEMORY SLOTS in the main base unit are cleared, and then you can re-register ALL handsets back to the base.
To do that factory reset, do the following:
1) Disconnect the phone line AND power adapter from the MAIN BASE unit.
2) Press and HOLD the DND button, the * key, and the MIDDLE soft key (button below the display) WHILE reconnecting the power adapter.
- When you do this, a "confirmation tone" should be heard, and then the initialization screen should appear on the base.
- Register EACH of the handsets you want to use, one at a time.
I hope this helps. Please let me know what happens - whether you can get the handsets to register or not - or if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****