Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How do I get rid of the audio that announces who's calling.

Customer Question

how do I get rid of the audio that announces who's calling. I don't need that feature to be heard by clients when the phone rings. I have the model kx-tg9541
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The feature you are asking about is called, of course, 'Talking Caller ID'.

Go, in the programming settings, to the wrench icon and 'Initial Setting'.

Then go to the third sub-menu (after Set Day And Time) titled,

Talking Caller ID.

Then go into that setting and set it to Off - for either the Handset or the Base Unit or both (there seems to be two settings, one for each.)

The code # ***** with this setting is #162.

I hope this advice helps! if not, let me know and I will try to help you through whatever difficulty there is.

(If this completely answers the question, please rate my Answer, so that this case may be closed.)