Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

We have two lines, one of our lines in stuck on---I think as

Customer Question

We have two lines , one of our lines in stuck on---I think as a result of either a conference call or putting one phone on hold and picked up on another phone---we have two separate base phones each with two cradle phones.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. all of them are showing Line 1 as "in use--yes we have a total of 6 phones--two bases with cords and each of those has 2 auxiliary portable/in cradle phones.
2.there are nor other phones on this system--we have a separate
fax phone line--and there may be a line to our security system
3. we have ATT is our provider--no VOIP service
4. We do not have DSL we have a separate internet through Time Warner Cable
5.model KX-TG9391T
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

There are a few possible issues here - some device really is holding the line open, or there may be a fault in the line itself.

Initially, we'll just need to reset the panasonic systems, by unplugging both power and phone line to the 2 bases, for 15 minutes, then replug.

In most cases that will refresh the line and resolve the issue. If it does not, let me know.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed.