Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a AT&T dect 6.0 cordless with two hand sets. I had

Customer Question

I have a AT&T dect 6.0 cordless with two hand sets. I had repairs done on my telephone line and now it only rings three times. I forget how to change it to six rings, can you help me? Judy
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Judy.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you please provide me the complete model number? This usually starts with an EL or CL, and is printed on the main base station.

I also need to know if you're using the att internal answering machine function, or if you subscribe to voicemail from the phone company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is EL51200.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answering message is on the phone, we dial into it and don't subscribe to anything.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming,

when you say "dial in" that is confusing, and indicates voicemail.

If you pick up the line and dial *98, your home number, or something similar, that is voicemail.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is a subscription service, and something provided by the phone company.

That is really the only possibility here, your att phone is a very basic model and does not even have an internal answer system.

This means that the ring adjustment is not a function of the att system.

It is a line function, a feature/setting of your voicemail.

Dial back into your voicemail, as you would normally to check your messages. After you get in, try hitting * or 0 to enter the menu, and listen to the prompts, that is where you should find the adjustment for the number of rings.

You can also call your phone company and ask them to adjust it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, do I get charged for this information?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you've already paid the fee you agreed to (to the site, not to me), per the terms you signed up for when posting your question.

This information would not be in the manual and ATT would not help you with the issue.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgnhz

The site has taken your fee either way - the rating doesn't cost you anything, but it is the only way the site credits me a small portion of your fee for my time spent to help you.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,