Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZ Certificate in Engineering Electronics & Computing 25 years exp
15873252

Have a Panasonic D1232 the lines have a restriction when you

Customer Question

Have a Panasonic D1232 the lines have a restriction when you try and sail out
Seems after some construction phone system it only affects one phone out of many
This is for a church would appreciate any help think should be simple fix but there is no manual present
Thanks Steve
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I will need to ask for clarification of the problem, if that's OK.

It seems to me, if I understand your question, that you have a phone system box (a Panasonic D1232) and one phone or one line has a line restriction, against calling out.

In other words, one phone cannot call outside, it can only be used as an intercom on the local phone system in the church.

Try swapping phone stations, to make sure it is not a matter of the phone station or handset. If the problem stays in the same place even when the phone station is swapped with a phone station on a different line, then it is presumably a matter of configuring the Panasonic D1232 to allow that line to call out.

(For such a reconfiguration, you would need to know the administrator password ***** the D1232... and to advise you, I would need to know the maker, and model #, of the phone station too.)

If the problem follows the phone station, when you swap the phone station with another one at a different desk or on another line, then you have a phone station that is either defective or configured to limit outside calling, and that phone station would need to be reconfigured... in which case, again, I would need to know the phone station's maker and model #, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That scenario has been tried already. It's a programming problem I believe. Phone works fine in other areas. There is no manual available. Thought I would try your service when I was on site but its taken hours for a response.
If you can't do the research then please refundthank YouSteve Schebler(###) ###-####
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I had to ask for details before doing research that might have been needless. I hope that is understandable.

I had to ask, and I have to ask again, do you have the Administrator access code for the phone system box? it's needed for the reprogramming of the outside call blocking feature for that line.

Also you will have to identify which line - unless the call blocking feature is 'there among the line features' - is the blocked line. I trust that can be done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This phone is only one affected all out going lines.
We don't have access code can you by pass?
Let's figure this out your the expertThanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry. If you don't have the administrator code, then if it isn't a default value, all the research in the world will be of little use - we won't be able to reprogram the system box.

There is really no way around the lack of administrator access to a phone system box, you see. To reset it to defaults - if that is even possible - means to erase the entire setup, requiring extensive reprogramming of every aspect.

Did someone used to administer the phone system? if so, please contact them and obtain the administrator code that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The communication company out of business. Do you think maybe registered with Panasonic
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Possibly but it sounds very unlikely.

I suspect that another Expert might have a better idea as to what to suggest at this point, so I have Opted Out, with apologies that I could not do more for the rather troublesome situation. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I thought just ask the person would have had more knowledge on the Panasonic system. Nothing against you but maybe not your area of expertise
Did you read the manual
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi sorry for the delay but have only just seen this... So to confirm you can call an extension but can't access an outside line?

More likely cabling issue but come back to me and I may be able to help

Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

I have the install manual for this model and have worked on a few... If after construction work it is unlikely to be a programming issue... I would be trying a reset and if no luck then we need to take a close look at the cabling between the phone and the PABX... It is polarity conscious and if the extension was temporarily disconnected then it may be reconnected wrong..