Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a Nortel T7316 and are having trouble retrieving

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Nortel T7316 and are having trouble retrieving voicemails. When we go to check our voicemails and enter our password ***** get the error "Mbox locked" then "Contact admin."
When I try changing the password, and go into Feature 983 and use Log 120000 (we have 2 digit extensions) then MBOX and Change, there are several different mailboxes assigned to past employees that no longer work here. Not sure which mailbox is receiving new voicemails and I don't know how to access the General Mailbox. I've reset all of their passwords, and still when I go back to check voicemails using Feature 981, 0000 doesn't get me in and there is no option to change the password.
I've looked at YouTube tutorials and followed your advice in this post from 3 years ago, but none of it has worked thus far. Please help.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our office admin said she was able to access the mailbox not long ago by pressing Feature 983 and using password ***** but can't access it using this passcode anymore and have no clue which mailbox needs to be reset.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Each extension will have its own mailbox, so you will need to reset the mailbox for her extension.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,The issue isn't her mailbox. She used to be the office admin and would regularly check all messages left to the office voicemail by pressing Feature 981 and password ***** The extensions are no longer in use as of over a year ago and aren't accessible from the voicemail menu when calling in. It just goes to one specific mailbox, I'm assuming the General Mailbox.A few months ago this office admin was no longer able to check the messages, and received the "Mbox locked" warning and "Contact Admin." I mentioned above how I reset the passwords for all mailboxes already. They were for those past employees that are no longer in use, and I was hoping one would've been designated to receive all voicemails going forward. There is one titled, SYSTEM_MANAGER, which I reset. I checked that mailbox already, but there are no recorded voicemails there.All unanswered calls still go to a voicemail, but I don't know which one. I've tried them all. I've looked for the General Mailbox option when scrolling through the directory, but it doesn't appear. I've called the line from my cell phone to leave two messages, so I know they are recording. But I can't locate those messages in the system. Can you help guide me where else I can look to find these stored messages?Thanks,Jeff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the issue. Please read my comments above and let me know if you can provide assistance. Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am checking if another expert can assist you further with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. Please let me know when you find out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck yet? I was charged $21 for the one line response, so I'm sincerely ***** ***** assistance is on its way. Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your question has been returned to the question list.

I have not been paid for my response, and your deposit remains in your JustAnswer account.

Pete.