Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic KX-TGA641 system. I spilled water on the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-TGA641 system. I spilled water on the base that holds the main phone that is Panasonic KX-TG6441. I moped up as much as I could and it is dry now but when I try to use any phone connected to the system I get a message that says No link. Reconnect base AC Adaptor. I have no idea what I am supposed to do?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What is the model off the base station (that is the handset you sent)?

Any lights/indicators on base?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The base station is KX-TG6441. There is a light indicator on the base but it is not on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, beyond trying to dry it out further (put it in an airtight container and submerge it in uncooked white rice for 2 days), there is nothing else that can be done. If it still has the issue, then the internal circuitry is damaged. That would require repairs, but fixing these units is never practical. You'd pay 3 time as much for labor alone as you would for a whole new phone system.

Because this is an old (2009) system, all support is now discontinued. You can't replace just the base,

you could buy a used system: http://amzn.to/1PpfOIw and pair your existing handsets to it.

But it may make more sense to just replace the entire system at this point for not much more: http://amzn.to/1QQpQm0

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will try that. If that does not work..I guess I will have purchase a new base. I believe I can get it separately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan..I'll try that and if it does not work I'll buy a whole new system. Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, and best of luck to you!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgnhz

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,