Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I just purchased kx-7gea20 four station phone system. As I

Customer Question
speak on the phone I...
I just purchased kx-7gea20 four station phone system. As I speak on the phone I get a reverberation kind of like a Kazoo. Its also heard by the person Im talking to. The system is connected as our home phone but we have Verison as our carrier. How can I get rid of the reverberation? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/25/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually, what you sent is the handset)

I have four handsets. It did happen with the other one I tried. We have no other phones on this system. It is our home phone and Verison handles these phones and our cell phones.Model number of the base is TGE260

Can you please try using the phones on speakerphone mode as well?
The next step would also require the testing of another phone here, not part of the cordless system.
Can you please try to check just a basic corded or wall phone on the same line, and let me know how that sounds?

I had already tries using speaker phone and it still sounds terrible. By the way I simply replaced our old panasonic phone Model KX-TG1033S with this new one, so it should have worked well.
I have no other phones to connect to the system except the old ones. I reconnected the old one and it works fine

That is sufficient information, thank you.

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. Since the old phone was able to be tested as working, that means the new system is at fault.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure

In that situation, the best recourse is to simply return this phone to the retailer in exchange for a new system, if it is still new enough to do so.

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Technician