Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a KX-TGE263CHome Phone How do I get rid of the

Customer Question

I have a KX-TGE263CHome Phone How do I get rid of the annoying voice that calls out the phone numbers when a call is coming in ?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) If these voices are coming from the HANDSET(S) - or the Main Base Unit (or both)?

2) Are these announcements coming on for calls that are through your LAND LINE number - or do you have a cell phone paired to the system, and that is when you hear this?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response back for my original post, so I'm following up for what could be the solution to this issue.

I believe the "feature" you are mentioning - where the system speaks phone numbers - is the "Talking Caller ID" feature, and that will need to be turned OFF to get rid of that voice.

I have a link to a video that shows how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt2bD1WDfl0

Please take a look at the video and then try the same steps for your system, then have someone call you to TEST that the voice is gone.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have different results.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)