Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

We have a panasonic kx-ta824 system. The problem is that

Customer Question
We have a panasonic kx-ta824...
We have a panasonic kx-ta824 system. The problem is that when someone attempts to leave a voicemail the message is repeated about 4 times before a message can be left. Most people hang up before that time. We we wondering about bypassing the voicemail and just system and just using an answering machine instead. If I disconnect the voicemail line or remove the voicemail card, will this allow us to add a voicemail system to one of the lines and disable the auto-attendant? If there is a better way to do it let me know.
Thanks,
Garry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello Gary. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

Yes, unplugging the voicemail card would be The crude but effective way of disabling the voicemail. And with these systems, sometimes the crude way is the best way if you want to avoid problems building up. You have a programming error is made or if the system is and it's completely stable, then I would say it's safer to pull the voicemail card then to go through and change the programming. Then, it should just ring on the attendant phone where it could be picked up by another system. Have you tried unplugging that voicemail card yet?

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer