Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Phone does not ring phone calls. It just the caller the

Customer Question

Phone does not ring for incoming phone calls. It just the caller the mailbox is full.
Please help resolve this issue.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have multiple phones, and all phones do the same thing.
No fax line.
Internet phone by OOMA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You cannot call me. That is my problem. I have to leave shortly, if you cannot help refund my money. Or can I connect with tomorow.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

This issue is typically caused by either a temporary glitch in the voip gateway, or a firewall/connectivity issue.

Initially, unplug power to the ooma box for 60+ seconds to reboot.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is not going to be an instant process, it is an ongoing conversation. There are many variables here, if you need to follow up with me tomorrow that is fine. Just bookmark this page.

The phone support offer you are seeing is optional, and we could talk by cell if needed. Really for this type of issue a remote session for router configuration may be more productive than a call though, or doing both.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already reset and called OOMA. How do I book mark this for tomorrow.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Bookmark the page just as you would any other website in your browser.

Usually clicking the favorite or star icon at the top of the window

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If the reset didn't help, then it is a firewall issue which will require some detailed adjustments in your router. I can give you some basic guidance on that, or do it for you via the remote session.