Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I just purchased the Polycom VXX 400-600 Series. Formerly

Customer Question
Hi I just purchased the...
Hi I just purchased the Polycom VXX 400-600 Series. Formerly had a Sprint system (OLD) but the Sprint system had a feature that if I was calling an office extension, I would have live audio. Example: I call someone in our office and would have live audio instead of ringing and ringing and this way I could hear if they were on another line vs not in the office. Is there something that can be programmed for this? ALSO, before I would call an extension and get a busy signal if they were on the phone, now it just rings and rings.Are other options available for this? Can we get a busy signal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/27/2015
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The model numbers that you mention are just a broad series of handset model numbers. What is the main system that these are connected to? That is what will determine how the programming is done.

It is connected to a Asterisk Soft Switch specifically designed for the answering service industry from Startel Corporation/

That means someone would have to have programmed the system. How you do this will depend on the original programming. It's not function of the phone, but of the Asterisk system. Asterisk is an open source system with various programs, some of them custom.

Okay - Thanks

do you have access to the people that program to the*system? If so, those would be the best people to engage.

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, or excellent rating icons at your convenience. I will still be available to you if you need me.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer