Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My Panasonic KX-TG6821 phone allows me to ring out, but will

Customer Question

My Panasonic KX-TG6821 phone allows me to ring out, but will not ring for incoming calls.
I have disconnected it and removed batteries but still no results.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system)? If so, do the other devices "ring" when a call comes in?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) We have one phone connected.
2) iinet but line provided by Telstra.
3) No other devices attached to phone line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to bed now, will be active in 10 hours or so
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay in responding - I was having connection issues.

For this issue of NOT hearing the phone ring for incoming calls, there are a couple of possibilities:

1) The ringer is turned OFF or is set VERY LOW.

To TEST for this, pick up the handset and look at the display - for a TINY ICON that looks like a "bell with a line through it". If you see that, that means the ringer is turned OFF, and it will need to be turned back on. I have attached an image that shows how to adjust the ringer volume of the handset.

2) The "speaker" in the handset may be failing (or handset batteries are getting very weak).

To TEST for this, find the "Locator" button on the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system, and press it one time. This SHOULD cause the handset to beep for 1 minute - through the speaker. If you do NOT hear the beep, that would indicate a failing speaker. OR if it beeps LOUDLY for a few seconds and then fades to low, that would indicate failing batteries in the handset (they would need to be replaced).

3) The phone service provider is not sending the "ring signal" to your phone, OR the signal is very weak.

The TEST for this is to call your home line from a DIFFERENT phone (such a mobile phone or neighbor/friend phone, OR call someone and ask them to call you back). If the phone does NOT ring or have ANY indications that someone is calling (such as the display turns ON), then we know this is a service provider issue, and you will want to contact them and report this issue right away - so they can look into it.

Please give these things a try and let me know your results.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)