Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Our Panasonic Bluetooth 6.0 Plus worked fine yesterday. I

Customer Question
Our Panasonic Bluetooth 6.0...
Our Panasonic Bluetooth 6.0 Plus worked fine yesterday. I attempted to make calls this morning and get a weird, echoing hum and the call does not dial. There is a dial tone, everything is plugged in. I do not know if we can receive calls as cell phones do not work up here. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/20/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on the BOTTOM of the main base, and start with KX-TG.
2) How many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system)?

Thanks

1.Model no, KX-TG7731 2. 4 handsets 3. Verizon 4. DSL

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - with the " weird, echoing hum" you mentioned, and that you tried more than one handset, it sounds like this is an issue with the phone SERVICE itself - and not the Panasonic system.

To be sure, we need to TEST the phone line and/or the Panasonic system - by connecting a DIFFERENT phone (basic corded phone is best) to your phone line - OR - taking the Panasonic base unit and one handset to a known working location (neighbor or friend's location) and connect it there - to see if it can dial out.

But it sounds like you may be far away from other folks, so one other thing you can TRY is resetting the MAIN BASE UNIT, by disconnecting it from all connections (power and the phone line) for 15 minutes, and then reconnecting. This is not as good as using a different phone to test the line, but if the base is stuck in some strange state, it should clear it.

Please let me know what you can do - and the results - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

Tried resetting the base with no success. I'll have to make a trip out of the hollow to call our phone co. and see what they can do. Thanks for attempting to help. By the way, I really don't want the monthly service...I would prefer to just pay the charge for today and cancel the rest. Thank you.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delayed response.

While you are out, it may be a good idea to see if you can pick up an inexpensive corded phone - for TESTING - and as a backup phone in case there are any power failures at your location (most cordless phones don't work without power to the main base unit).

As for the monthly service, you should be able to handle that in the "My Account" tab on your screen. I will also send a note to the customer service folks here to see if they can help with that.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about your phone system.

And if this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)

Sorry I discount respond sooner, I was waiting for Verizon… turns out it was the phone lines, apparently an outside line in the main connection box? Anyway, they fixed the problem and everything is working better than ever. Thank you for your assistance and follow-up.
Sincerely, Scarlet

Hi again Scarlet,

Thanks for letting me know what was found and I'm glad the system is working again.

Please let me know if you have any more issues or questions in the future.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer