Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Panasonic phone model PNLC1054 does not ring with incoming

Customer Question

Panasonic phone model PNLC1054 does not ring with incoming calls or record messages
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually - what you sent is a power cord part number)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happens with all 3 phones. Landline on ABN. Model KX-TGH220AZ
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What happens when someone calls you? Do you see the caller id info come up?
Do you see anything else on the screen such as a ZZZ or a bell with a line/slash through it?
Do callers seem to leave you messages but you just don't get them, or they never have the chance to leave one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change to screen. Callers hear own phone ringing. No response from my phone, they eventually hang up, assume no-one home.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So it just rings endlessly on their end.

If you pick up the line, do you hear a dial tone? Can you call out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can hear a dial tone and can call out,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I still need to know if you have any other phones there, not part of the panasonic system, and if so does it ring for incoming calls?

As an initial step, lets change a few panasonic settings as well.

Grab a handset and enter: MENU#327 Save Off

Then, Menu #1606 Save Off.

Let me know the results,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I originally tried to get an operating manual from Panasonics website and ended up here. Without a manual I can't even operate the menu. I'm sorry I bought the system and will now go back to store where i bought it! Can't waste all day on a computer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You don't need a manual to operate the menu,

You can scroll through the steps on screen, or follow the direct commands I gave you.

If you want a manual, you can view it here: ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tgd21x_kx-tgd22x_kx-tg443_kx-tg444_mul_om.pdf