Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

How do I unblock a call that I blocked by mistake?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

May I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

KX-TGA470
Verizon

Hi again and thanks for that.

OK - that model (KX-TGA470) is for one of the cordless handsets.

Can you please find the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system (the LARGER part - connected to a phone cord), and send along the model - from the bottom of that base?

Thanks

You should also be able to find the Model Number on the front of the manual for this system - if you have it.

That model SHOULD start with KX-TG and then be followed by a few more characters.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my last note, but wanted to send the following information before I take a break for the afternoon/evening.

If you are trying to follow instructions from a Panasonic manual, I KNOW that these can sometimes be confusing - based on the way they are written. What I mean is they often try to show SEVERAL different possible steps in the instructions, and often you have to IGNORE certain steps and go to the next sub-step.

For example, for dealing with blocked numbers, the Panasonic writers often combine "viewing, editing, and erasing" all in the same set of instructions. And to ERASE a number, you have to read and perform ONLY the steps that apply to that operation.

As an illustration, I have attached an image of some instructions for a Panasonic system) and highlighted what needs to be done IN STEP 3, to erase a blocked number (click the attachment to view it).

I have also written out the same steps - starting from the beginning - and put them below - as TEXT.

OK - here are the steps to UNBLOCK a stored number.
1) pick up ANY handset - while the system is not in use (not on a call).
2) press MENU # ***** 1 7
3) press the UP and DOWN arrows keys to select the number you want to UNBLOCK.
4) Press the ERASE soft key (button below displayed word ERASE).
4a) use the UP & DOWN arrows to show YES, then SELECT it.
5) Press the OFF key (to exit programming).

That should do it.

=================

Please give these steps a try and let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer