Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My phones are beeping and I 't know to stop it

Customer Question
my phones are beeping and...
my phones are beeping and I don't know to stop it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/5/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

May I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) If this is a cordless system, how many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

1. Vtech CS6829 and CS6829-2 Consumer Celluar

Hi again and thanks for that.

I noticed that you said "Consumer Cellular" as your service provider - which is normally for cell phone service.

May I ask what phone service provider you have for the LANDLINE service - which I assume the Vtech main base unit is plugged into?

And just to verify - what phones are "beeping"?

Are they the Vtech handsets, or something else?

Thanks

Consumer Cellular now has Home Phone service also. We have no landline service. they are Vtech handsets. there are two of them, #1 and #2 . #1 sits on a base charger and #2 sits on a charger

Hi again and thanks for that.

So are the Vtech phones "beeping"?

If so, are they any messages in the handset displays?

Thanks

when I pick up either one and try to make a call I can dial but it beeps every second. It says the Handset number, the time, and a number 9105
I wish I could talk to you but both my phones are beeping. Please be patient with me. I'm 77 years and get nervous easily.

Hi again and thanks for that.

OK - when you pick up a handset and press the TALK button - without dialing a number - do you hear a DIAL TONE?

Also, do the handsets beep - without picking them up and dialing a number?

And I did find the Consumer Cellular "Wireless Home Phone Base" - which may be what the Vtech Base Unit is connected to. Do it look something like the following image (attached).

Where are you? Have you given up on me?

I'm still here ... waiting for you to respond to my last note.

Did you see that last note, including the image of the "Consumer Cellular home base".

If not, please scroll UP in your screen and check.

Thanks

I did not see an image of CC's home base. their base is a small receiver that sits in my computer room. the only reason it plugs in to a socket is for power. we have no land line all

Hi again,

That image would have been a LINK - that you would need to click on to see it.

But that's OK - it sounds exactly like the image I see (and sent).

What about the other things I asked? Let me repost them below.

==================

1) When you pick up a handset and press the TALK button - without dialing a number - do you hear a DIAL TONE?

2) AND, do the handsets beep - without picking them up and dialing a number?

Thanks

no there is no dial dialtone.. they do not beep without picking them up. but they start beeping as soon as I turn the phone on to make a call.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - may I ask the AGE of these Vtech handsets, and IF the batteries in the handsets have EVER been replaced - since new?

May I also ask if you have a DIFFERENT phone (basic CORDED phone is best) that you can connect to the CC Home Phone Base - to TEST if that device is still working properly? Even borrowing a phone from a friend or neighbor would be enough for that TEST.

Thanks

these are new phones . we've only had them a week and they have been working well. I'm working on the other thing you requested

OK - very good.

I'm having you check the CC home base "box" because this could be the root cause of the issue.

If we can TEST with a DIFFERENT phone, and get the same results (beeping when picking up the line), then that will tell us this is an issue with that box OR the CC "Service".

That also means that you should be able to CHECK the color of the "lights" on that "box" - and make sure all the lights are GREEN, and in some cases BLINKING.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks

have one of my old phones hooked from its old base to thee CCbase

Hi again,

Is that OLD PHONE a CORDED phone?

If so, do you get a dial tone when picking up the receiver (of that phone) now?

Thanks

the phone did not have a charge. the phone did not have a cord itself but the base had a landline

Hi again,

OK - did you connect the OLD BASE to the CC box?

That box is what we are trying to TEST at this point.

If I may, let me send you a link to the CC Home Phone base "Getting Started" video - which explains very well what you SHOULD be seeing for the lights on that box. Please take a look and let me know if your box is the same and what color the lights are for each of the indicators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2N_r0nvFs

Again, please let me know what you see on YOUR BOX, as compared to the one in the video.

Thanks

no

OK - we will NEED to make some kind of connection to the CC box, as that is what I suspect the real issue to be - OR - there is a disruption in the cell service that the CC box uses.

Please watch that video I linked you to (above), and let me know how your CC box compares to it, with respect to the lights and their colors.

Thanks

thank you for trying to find my problem but I'm done. I have not had a chance to eat and its getting late. I really appreciate your effort

Hi again,

You are quite welcome. If you would like to continue a bit later, I should be here. But I do need to take a break in a few hours, as I have a church service to attend to later today.

But in the mean time, if you eat and get rested a bit, I would concentrate on that CC home base box, and perhaps run through the Getting Started set up again - to make sure that box is working properly.

And after looking at some more details of that CC home base service, about the only other thing I can think of that might make the Vtech phones "beep" when dialing would be if they are set to "rotary" or "Pulse" dialing mode - because the CC home base does NOT support that mode.

I'll look for your response later on.

Thanks, ***** *****

I still could not the link

Is it the link to the video you can't find?

If so , let me post it again (below).

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer