Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I replaced new rechargeable batteries and i do not get a

Customer Question

I replaced new rechargeable batteries and i do not get a light on top of phone showing a recharge phone is KK-TGA401
richard
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.
May I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the phone system you are working with?
2) How many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system?
3) The AGE of this phone system?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two hand sets modelKK-TGA401 B
five years old
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - if you can find the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT (the part that connects to the phone cord), that would be great.
May I also ask if you replaced the batteries in BOTH handsets, and if both have this same issue?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
main base unit model # *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Very good - thank you.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced batteries in both hand sets
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
do BOTH handsets have the SAME issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both hand set have same issue(no charging light)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information.
OK - when you place the handsets in the main base OR the remote charger, do you see ANY text on the display of those handsets?
And especially do you see the message "Charging"?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all it says is use rechargeable battery
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
OK - since you are seeing that message, may I ask EXACTLY what type of batteries you put in?
AND, do you still have the OLD batteries?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ihave the old batteries they are Energizer rechargeable and cost 14;oo dollars
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - can you put the OLD batteries back in ONE handset - and let me know if the NORMAL display comes back?
Also, can you look at one of the Energizer batteries and let me know EXACTLY what is one the label? I'm looking for the TYPE (Ni-MH, NiCAD, etc.) and the capacity rating (like 750 mA HR).
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already put the old batteries in on the old one it says ni mh
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
What about the NEW batteries?
Do you have a TYPE printed on them?
OR is that TYPE printed on the package (if you still have it)?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the package I suspect that i need to get stronger batteries like the original
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
That MAY be the case, OR you may need a different TYPE of battery.
I say this because the "use rechargeable batteries" message will normally NOT appear UNLESS you put "higher voltage" batteries in the handsets (like the voltage you get with Alkaline batteries - which is 1.5 volts each.
Ni-MH batteries NORMALLY have about 1.25 volts each, when charged and in good condition.
So may I ask WHERE you purchased these Energizer batteries, and if that same place had OTHER Ni-MH (Nickel–Metal Hydride) batteries available?
If so, I would recommend taking one of your OLD batteries with you to the store, and asking that you get replacements that MATCH the TYPE, and have a similar capacity rating (slightly higher is OK).
NOTE: I can recommend an online source of batteries for you - IF the old batteries still work (for now) and you can wait for a day or two to ship them to you.
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok greg, I willorder some
Thanks rom "batteries Plus"
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You might also want to check on Amazon, which has pretty good prices and fast shipping IF you have an Amazon warehouse close to you.
Here is a link to the search results for the exact batteries (Panasonic brand) - which is part number HHR-4DPA. You do NOT have to get the Panasonic brand, but I do recommend "good quality" brands.
HHR-4DPA Search Results (Amazon).
http://amzn.to/1H2x81e
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)