Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought a new KX-TGEA20 (might be just the handset) a few

Customer Question

I bought a new KX-TGEA20 (might be just the handset) a few months ago. Almost every call I'm on (ones I make and ones I receive) goes dead at some point. Sometimes, the party on the other end can't hear me, but I can hear them, and sometimes, it's the reverse. It just happened with an incoming call after only about 30 seconds; it's usually longer into the connection. I've had calls where we had to call each other back three times or switch to my cell phone.
Two other issues: I tried to set up number of rings, didn't work
There is a blocked number that is not on my list with my provider. I've checked with them online and on the phone and with the automated system using the keypad; the blocked number just isn't there. The person trying to call me is a good friend, so she always has to call my cell number.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic base unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
KX-TG454 SK. S/N 4LBXC270.561
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
Please ensure that the eco mode is not enabled; there should be no "ECO" displayed. Additionally, turn ON (if not yet activated) the clarity booster. There should be a "BOOST" displayed.
And experiment, try with and without the noise reduction. Press "NR" to turn On/Off.
Have you tried using MENU # ***** 1 7 to view / edit / erase the number you wish to unblock?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Will try that in the morning.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the update now and again later when able.