Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My panasonic answering machine is malfunctioning. device

Customer Question
directs me to www.panasonics.com/help....
my panasonic answering machine is malfunctioning. device directs me to www.panasonics.com/help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/10/2015
Electronics Technician: MasterFixIt, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

How old is your answering system?

Also did it don anything strange just before this happened?

Thank you

Tech Michael

did you receive my message?

How old is your answering system?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Was working fine. about 2 years old

Thank you for that information.

What exactly is the machine doing aside from giving the error message?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Thank you for that information.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Am receiving noise on the line. does not sound like a dial tone

Hi do you hear that on any other phone on that line?

What you need to try is disconnecting the answering machine and the phone line to it for 30 full seconds then re attach the phone line first. Then plug in the answering machine to power and let it come up for 20 full seconds.

Then check to see if you have a clear dial tone or an error message still?

If this works great then please rate my service kindly but if not please do not rate yet but simply reply to me for further instructions.

Thank you best of luck to you on this, Note, I will still be here once you rate no additional cost.

Tried the disconnect before calling for help

Thanks,

The next step is to disconnect the answering machine from the phone line and try a different phone to rule out a phone line problem. If that works and the dial tone is clear the machine needs service, if the line on the other hand is static sounding then the phone line is the problem. That phone can sense that as well.

If that line is in good working order let me know and I will provide the best place to send it for service.

Tech Michael

Do not have another phone at this time that is not connected to this triple receiver system.

Hi in that case you could get a really cheap one from Walmart or even a dollar store to check. Or you can call the phone company and have them check the line while the answering machine is still hooked up, that will tell the story as well;-)

I have done this many times in the past and worked with these answering systems and phone line service;-)

I am here when you need me. Please rate kindly.

Tech Michael

thank you, ***** ***** up

you're very welcome!

MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service