Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Panasonic KX-DT343....we need to program it so the voice

Customer Question

Panasonic KX-DT343....we need to program it so the voice mail picks up after 5 rings, not 10 or 12. Is there an easy solution for this?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The VM isn't a direct function of your phones, at least not the extension/station at your desk, but rather it is part of your pbx system and/or voicemail server.
Could you tell me the model number of those devices? They are typically in a wiring closet, and may be something like kx-t824 or kx-tda50.

Also, do you have access to the administrative console (typically a special admin phone station, or the receptionist station) AND know the administrator password ***** your system?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, we have a KXTDE200 but I do not want to get in to the administrative console, for fear of making changes. If it can only be changed in that manner, I will call the guys that manage it for us. I was hoping that it could be accomplished through the station at our desk. If not, tun no more action needed on your part, thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming.
Unfortunately yes, that is the only method of changing it. You will need someone with admin access on site to adjust this.
If you have someone already they can handle it, if you need help finding a local installer to come out to adjust the system let me know and I can help with a referral.
Best regards,