Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have 4 cordless phones Model KX-TG1032S. All are on my

Customer Question
I have 4 cordless phones...
I have 4 cordless phones Model KX-TG1032S. All are on my home number. Over the weekend they all stopped functioning. I called my phone carrier and they sent a technition who played with the phone wires outside. The result: Only one phone responds to calls and I can call out on it. All the phones have the charging light on top that lights up, but only one phone gets a dial tone and I can receive calls and call out.
There are two base sets that have the red lights lit, however, only one set will record a message but the phone that sits on it will not work. HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/8/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.
May I ask:
1) The AGE of the phone system you are working with?
2) If you had any power or weather events - just about the time the phones stopped working?
3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line?
4) If any other steps were done WITH this system - to get that one handset working again?
5) Are there ANY messages on the handset display that are NOT working right now?
Thanks
2010 #2 No, My husband has the same system on his own home number and there is no problem with his.
#3 No #4 An AT&T service man came and disconnected our alarm wire (we do not have an alarm) but that is when my one phone worked.
#5 That base has no messages from before. All have been lost.
I cannot add more money.
Hi again,
Please don't worry about adding any money, or if you see other messages from the site to do that. Just stick here with me.
OK - when I ask question 5, I was really ask about the HANDSET DISPLAYS - and if they have any unusual text or messages on them - when you try to use them (to make a call)?
Also, one NEW question: Have the batteries in ANY of these handsets EVER been replaced (with new)? I'm not suggesting that right now, just asking.
Thanks
the handsets say not connected to the line or they will keep ringing and when I pick up the phone I get a scratching noise or sometimes I will get a whistling sound, but no vocal response.I ordered a set of batteries in the past for one of the handsets. Do you think the batteries would make a difference?
Do you think I should change the connecting cord from the base to the wall, I have two new ones?
Are you still with me or should I wait for your call?
Hi again and thanks for that.
Sorry for any delay.
Can you send me the EXACT message that the handsets that are NOT working have on their screens?
Also, you mentioned that your husband has the SAME system - and it is working fine. Is that a SEPARATE base unit and if so, how far away is that base unit from your base unit?
I only ask because if your non-working handsets ARE ringing, but give you no "good" connection when you try to answer a call, the handsets of YOUR system may be "confused" about which base unit they should connect to.
And yes, NEW batteries MAY help, but we shouldn't need to do that just yet.
And putting a NEW phone cord between the Main Base Unit and the phone jack is a good step in the troubleshooting process.
Let me know about the above questions and if putting a NEW phone cord in makes any difference.
Thanks
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that I have to return to the care of my husband. He is 84 and dying and I must make him dinner and care for him. Tomorrow I will again remove all the plugs and phone connections, changing the cords that connect to the phone line. Tomorrow I will be in touch after I complete my tests. I am puzzled by the fact that my husband's phone equipment is the same as mine, but he has a different phone, yet his line is not affected. I am sure that the answer will come tomorrow. I hope you will be available. I am in California, if that makes a difference of time where you are. I will be available from 10:00am Pacific Time tomorrow. I pray we can resolve this major problem tomorrow! Thank you for your cooperation. Vernice
Hi again,
I too am in California, and 10AM should be fine - I'm usually hear every day.
I too have to take a break for a little bit (gotta feed my son), but I wanted to send the following information before I do that.
I would like you to TRY a "full reset" of your system - using the procedure below - to see if we can get the non-working handset going again.
BUT, I would also like you to either TURN OFF (unplug from power) or get as far away from your husband's Main Base Unit BEFORE starting the process AND bring ALL of YOUR handsets into the same room as your main base unit - when you do this. You do NOT need to bring the chargers for the handsets - just the handsets themselves.
============================
Cordless system "reset" procedure.
This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each handset for proper function.
10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).
============================
Please give these things a try - when you have a chance - and let me know what you find or if you have more questions.
I will check up on you when I get back from my break and again tomorrow.
Take Care, Greg A.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer