Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a panasonic phone system Model no.KX-TG6521. There is

Customer Question
a VM access that keeps...
I have a panasonic phone system Model no.KX-TG6521. There is a VM access that keeps popping up from time to time which I cannot access because I did not subscribe to it with Optimum. I do have an answering machine feature and I just hit play to here my messages. My question is how can I get rid of the VM access feature. There is a message on there now from some person I do not know.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/6/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask what the "VM access" is - that keeps popping up?
Is there a message on the display of the handsets, or some other indication that you MAY have a Voice Mail message waiting?
Also, what "manual directions" have you tried?
Thanks
there is a message on the display of the handset. It says "New Voice Mail Press VM. I hit Menu #332Select the cursor that says VM access then save then off.
My grandson just came in and showed me what to do. So the problem is solved. Thank you.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - that message means that the service provider is sending a "signal" to your phone system - that there is a new voice mail waiting OR that the voice mail system needs some attention.
NOTE: this Voice Mail system is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from any Answering System you may have built into the Panasonic system.
To TEST for this "signal" - pick up any handset in your system and press the TALK button, then QUICKLY listen for the dial tone.
If you hear a series of "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a steady dial tone, that is the signal - coming from the service provider.
If this Voice Mail system has just been turned ON recently, that can explain why this is happening. If you want to keep the voice mail system and not use the internal Answering System on your Panasonic, the service provider should be able to give you instructions for how to access the VM system, and then we can program that information into the Panasonic.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer