Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My panasonic phones model KK-TGA470 has 3 wireless handsets

Customer Question

my panasonic phones model KK-TGA470
has 3 wireless handsets connected to one unit that has a wall jack - after being away several months all the 3 handsets are dead - even changes the batteries does not work - is there a problem with this model?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.
May I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the phone system you are working with? That is the LARGE part that is connected to the wall.
2) When you say the handsets are "dead" - does that mean that they have a BLANK display, and do not light up if you touch the TALK button?
3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1/ there are 2 model numbers on the base unit
on the sticker that says Panasonic - KX TG 7731
on the other it says KX TG 294SK
all handset models are KX-TGA470
2/no display, no lights when you press buttons
3/no
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that.
OK - the two model number are for the base unit itself (the 7731 number) AND the "system" (the 294SK).
Now that I know that model, the 294 tell me that the system SHOULD have come with FOUR handsets, but you only mentioned three handsets.
Do you have another unused handset stored away that can be charged and TESTED?
Also, you mentioned that you were away for several months - Do you have any indications of any "power issues" in your home during that time away? Such indications would be clocks on appliances that were not correct or needed to be reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are a total of 4 handsets - one is on the base station and there are 3 other all but the base station are not working
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Sorry for any delay.
So are you saying that the handset that is in the base IS WORKING properly - and can make and receive calls - as is normal?
Is so, can you place one of the OTHER handsets (with NEW batteries) in the Main Base Unit - and leave it there for AT LEAST 30 minutes, and then go back and see if that handset is CHARGING, and/or has some text and icons on the display?
Let me know if you can do that - and your results - when you can.
Thanks