Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

About 12 months ago my wife & I purchased a base & 5 remote

Customer Question

About 12 months ago my wife & I purchased a base & 5 remote Panasonic KX-TGA470 phones from Amazon.
1. The base recorder continues to work great except a fax sound comes on in the caller's ear when a message is left. How do I eliminate the fax sound? We do not have a fax machine.
2. I have replaced two of the remote bases. Two more of the remote bases need to be replaced because they contuously "beep". What is the problem with the remote bases? Jon Ford,(###) ###-####
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Could you give me the full model number of the phone system, it starts with kx-tg also (what you sent is the handset model).Could you also do another test for me: Unplug power and phone line to the panasonic main base, then call yourself from an outside line (cell/neighbors), and let me know what happens: Rings endlessly, directed to voicemail, busy signal, or rings a few times and eventually hear that screeching sound again?