Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I need a Port #Port Typeand IP address CS6719-2

Customer Question

I need a Port #
Port Type
and IP address
for a CS6719-2 cordless telephone
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you please explain a bit more about what you're trying to do?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
The vtech is a simple landline based analog telephone. It has no inherent VOIP capabilities, and cannot be used on a network directly.It can be used as the endpoint of a VOIP connection, when paired with a DTA adapter or voip gateway however. Is that your intention?What service/provider are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is connected ta Vonage device for VOIP and my Router has worked before I installed the new Time Warner Router.. They said If you can get me that info they could set me up
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Okay this is a Vonage issue then and really has nothing to do with the vtech specifically.
You can typically get around this without having to reconfigure anything by plugging the Vonage device wan port (yellow) into your modem and then the router into the lan port (blue) on the Vonage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got the answer from Vonage to reset the IP address in my WC Router... Worked fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is Time Warner Router.... Thanks anyway Router not Telephone.. Basic Talk.... after using an access # just change the IP.... in the router 192.168.0.3
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working for you now.Nathan