Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

R u familiar with kx-td7896?

Customer Question
r u familiar with kx-td7896?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/16/2015
Electronics Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What problem are you having with it?
.
no
.
I did not ask a yes or no question, what are you saying no to?
.
the hand set display has changed and the functions are not working properly
the first question was: am i familiar with this system…my answer was no
.
You asked if Nathan was familiar with the system on your original post so I see the confusion now. Can you explain exactly what the handset is doing or not doing now?
.
Sorry. Ok. The kid got a hold of the phone and did something to the settings. Now the display has changed. I can't get to the proper menu when i push the cursor to the left
also when i press the cur or down, it doesn't go to the proper menu
.
What has the display changed to?
.
it displays the time in the center. on the bottom it has the ringer symbol with a line through it and the directional arrow are missing the left arrow
if theres any chance to FaceTime or fiber, I can show you the display
not fiver, viber
.
Please disconnect the power from the base and remove the battery from the handset for 60 seconds. With the battery removed hold any button for 10 seconds. Plug the base back in an then put the battery back into the handset, what does the display look like now?
.
same thing…no change
.
I apologize but I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
ok thx
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. As an initial step here, lets reset the handset, this will clear the settings (including whatever the kid changed accidentally) back to the defaults. Press the joystick, select Settings Handset, scroll down to select Other Option, then pick Reset Handset Let me know if that helps,Nathan
Hi Nathan,
Nothing happens when I press the joy stick. Prior to my child changing the settings, the joystick would go to the menu. Now it doesn't. All that happens when I press the joystick is the screen lights up and beeps.
Do you see a little icon of a key on the display?
No, but on the bottom of the display where the grid used to be now has music symbol with a line through it. I sent an image of the screen with my question
I didn't see any image come through. I did see you posted multiple questions though - when you do that they usually get closed automatically by the site so I can't see that content. Can you try pressing and holding the "main menu" button for 2+ seconds and let me know if that clears anything.
Nothing...but I have another handset that works, but is not linked to a base...would u know how to link it...this way I can at least have a working phone...
Unfortunately this system doesn't work that way. You cannot register/pair a handset to a base directly - they come paired from the factory and aren't interchangeable. Can you try resending that photo to me?
I just left for work...I'll do it when I get home
No problem take your time. Just bookmark/favorite this page to get back to me anytime.Nathan
Nathan, Technician