Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

The caller ID no lingers appears on my Panasonic cordless phone,

Customer Question

the caller ID no lingers appears on my Panasonic cordless phone, model No. KX-TG5621
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me what is now displayed when someone calls please?
\
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The phone only says “incoming call”. My other phone gives the caller ID.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my phone is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
There is no setting on the phone for switching this on or off, it will always display it if your phone provider is sending this information on the line.
You say your other phone gives this? Is this also a landline phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes my other phone (non Panasonic) is a land line.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, connect that one to the same line that the Panasonic is connected to and then have someone call you and tell me if it still shows the caller ID please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please call me at(###) ###-#### I cannot figure this out.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I do not call, but work here online, but if you follow my instructions I am giving we can work through this.
connect the working phone to the same line that the Panasonic is connected to and then have someone call you and tell me if it still shows the caller ID please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I assume you mean the same phone outlet. When I bring my other cordless phone in and plug into the Panasonic one, it doesn’t ring. I don’t know why because Panasonic does.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its the line thats the issue, it has interference in it which is causing problems which different phones will react differently on (eg: No caller ID or not ringing at all).
The outlet, does it go directly into the wall and then to your phone central? Or it comes from a DSL modem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is not thru a DSL modem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The phone is also connected to an answering machine which works just fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, its the connection along the way that has been damaged, either the plug is loose or faulting or the cable behind the outlet.
You will need to have a phone technician come into your premises and perform a test of the line. They are then going to find where the fault on the connection is occurring and replace this.
Usually its the line and it can be cracked at a certain point. Not enough to break the connection, but enough to allow interference to cause these problems.
As your over outlet works fine, then its not your provider thats the issue, but either the cable or outlet within your premises and this needs to be tested and fixed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you