Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Telephone I just purchased will not allow me to programs such

Customer Question

telephone I just purchased will not allow me to programs such as time/date etc.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask the Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cl11214
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to programe the phone after I used it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
Sorry for any delayed response.
I'm not able to offer a phone call right now, as anything we would have to do would be with the phone NOT in use, and that is an "additional service" - that would cost you more.
So may I ask for the FULL MAKE (brand) of the phone system?
I only ask because I do not recognize the model number you sent.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dect 6.0 cordless telepfone with ID/call waiting
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
I see that you posted a NEW question, which has been closed, but I did see the model number in there.
NOTE: Please try to REPLY only to this page.
OK - can you tell me what happens when you TRY to program the time/date on your system?
AND, can you tell me what time & date show on the display of the handset(s) now - if any?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to program the wireless telephone after I had already used it .It shows my name and phone number,nothing else.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
OK - let me try again.
What do you see on the DISPLAY of the cordless handset(s), if you pick one up and press the PHONE button and then press the OFF button?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IT does display nothing more than my name and phone number.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, OK - did YOU program your name and phone number into the system? I only ask because MOST of these phones will show some type of date or time - by default - after you hang up from a call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes,I did program my name and phone # ***** will not allow me to index the time and date
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - may I ask if you have the FULL manual for this system (about 100 pages), or the somewhat shorter "quick guide"?
If you can check page 16 (if you have the full manual), may I ask if you see the steps there for setting the date/time?
If so, can you tell me HOW FAR you got into those steps (on page 16)?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I continue to have my phone problem.Why has your co.charged?I have contacted my bank to refund those charges.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
It sounds like you are unaware that you have asked your question on Just Answer - a fee-based service to help with the issues you are having with your phone.
If you have any questions about Just Answer, the link below should help.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Let me know if you want to continue with your question.
In the mean time, I will opt out of your question, in case you don't want to continue.
Thanks