Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

KX-TG7731

Customer Question
KX-TG7731
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
6/22/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask if you have an issue with or question about your phone system?
If so, please feel free to provide as must detail as you feel is needed.
Thanks
I can't transfer from one phone to the another. I can't even pick up the phone unless I answered the call on it.
It's as though some security system is intercepting me.
Privacy issue?
If someone else answers the phone in another room, and it IS for me, then I can't simply pickup the phone in the room I'm in.....I have to go physically take the phone from them in that other room and continue my conversation using their phone.
It's as though conference calling has been deselected or something.
Hi again and thanks for that.
So can you tell me the TOTAL number of HANDSETS you have with this system?
I only ask because you mentioned trying to "transfer" calls - from one phone to another.
And are you saying that when you are using ONE handset, you can not transfer the call to a different handset?
Please advise.
Gregg....are you still with me???
Hi again,
It looks like out posts "crossed". Please take a look at my last post and let me know the answers to my questions.
Thanks
Gregg, If a call comes in and it is answered in another room (on one of the four handsets)....and that call is for me, then I have to go physically retrieve the phone from the other room, I can't simply pick up my extension (phone) and receive the call.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi again and thanks for that.
NOTE: I'm NOT able to do a live phone call at this time, but we may be able to get this straightened out using this question & answer format.
If that that is OK, can you tell me the TOTAL number of handsets you have with this system?
And can you tell me how long you have had this system, and have ever done "call transfers" on this system before (successfully)?
Thanks
There are a total of four (4) handsets with this system. Perhaps I misused the word "transfer". Not actually transferring the calls, but rather not being able to access the line from another phone other than the one the call was answered from. See? If I answer a call on one phone, then all the other handsets become locked out and offer a busy signal when they are activated. HOwever, it's not the same phone that we have this problem with. Rather, It is from the phone that initially answered the call.