Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cannot get dial tone ,, can't get intercom off, which caused…

Customer Question
Cannot get dial tone ,...
Cannot get dial tone ,, can't get intercom off, which caused problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
6/21/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask if you can double-check the Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
That sounds like a cordless phone system, so please look for the model number printed on the bottom or back of the MAIN BASE UNIT of this system.
May I also ask if you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm systems, etc.) attached to this same phone line?
Thanks
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first note, but I wanted to send the following information before I sign off for the night.
In MOST cases, almost all functions of these systems can be "canceled" (or exited) by pressing the OFF button on the handset(s) or EXIT button of the main base unit, or equivalent button (could be a soft key).
If doing that on ALL components does not work, then a full system reset should get the system back to normal operation. I have the procedure I use to reset most cordless systems, and this may work for this system too, as long as no other device is attached to the phone line and is holding the system "busy".
Cordless system "reset" procedure. This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each handset for proper function.
10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).
============================
Please give these things a try and let me know what you find or if you have more questions or symptoms to report.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer