Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My cordless phone CL82313, which had been working beautifully,

Customer Question
My cordless phone CL82313, which...
My cordless phone CL82313, which had been working beautifully, has developed a worrisome problem. Abruptly in the middle of a conversation, I can hear the other party perfectly, but he or she can no longer hear me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
6/11/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask:
1) The FULL Make (brand) & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) the TOTAL number of handsets you have working with this system and if more than one, do ALL the handsets have this same issue?
Thanks
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
phone:(###) ###-####
Hi again,
I can not offer an additional service just yet.
May I ask if you can REPLY to the questions, which I have pasted below.
May I ask:
Thanks
I don't know if I can supply all the info. you're asking for as I don't know where to look for it. Perhaps you can help me here. (The paperwork was destroyed during Sandy, but there are numbers and names on the equipment). I have FIOS with Infinity. There are three handsets and I believe all three are similarly afflicted.
Hi again,
Whatever information IS available is fine.
So it sounds like you have a "digital-based" phone SERVICE, which is what I suspected.
That is because when I hear these symptoms described (one side of the conversation can not be heard OR drops out), MOST of the time it is traced back to the phone SERVICE provider (their equipment or service itself).
About the only exception is if you are using cordless phones and the batteries are "getting old" - but that USUALLY causes the ENTIRE conversation to drop out - so I don't suspect that as much.
So what I would recommend for THIS issue is to first CHECK your batteries IF they are over 2 years old.
THEN, I would recommend that you contact your service provider's "Technical Support" folks (their contact number SHOULD be available on any phone bill you have) and report this issue.
MOST of the time they can "reset" or "reload" the phone service part of the system and be able to restore the service to "normal operation".
I hope this makes sense and helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer