Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone will ONLY allow the secretary to transfer my phone calls to m…

Customer Question
My phone will ONLY allow...
My phone will ONLY allow the secretary to transfer my phone calls to me. I cannot dial out nor can outside calls come through. We are in a hospital institution so right now, my clients can not call unless they call the main secretary & she transfers the call to me. I am not able to even get a dial tone to call out from my phone but the line lights up when I pick up the handset or press the speaker button. Keep in mind this has happened 6-7 times. Will you help me troubleshoot this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
6/10/2015
Electronics Technician: MasterFixIt, Customer Service replied 3 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the full model # ***** your phone and is it a cell, or land line?
Also where is the phone located that has the trouble, at the hospital etc?
And how old is the phone system in question?
Thank you
Tech Michael
AVAYA PARTNER-7 & we've had it at least 5 years. I had a different AVAYA PARTNER phone that worked but the secretary said she couldn't send calls to me because I had no extension. I am told it no longer works on my office jack either by a technician. Also, even though I work in the medical field
I'm not in a hospital but do work in a stand alone single story building with land lines & we've had the same technician come out. Nothing appears to be wrong with the line & it seemed to work twice in between the 7 times it has only let the secretary transfer to me. But without outside clients being able to call my extension, it's difficult & add the fact that I can't dial out. The line lights up but the line is dead. Keep in mind the same tech has said there's nothing wrong with the line. I also checked & my Speaker has no dial tone. Any ideas?
Hi I understand, wow, thanks for the information.
This isn't going to be a phone company issue but rather the phone itself.
how old is your phone system ?
Also where was it purchased it you know?