Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My Panasonic handset fell in the toilet and has water in it.

Customer Question
How do I take the...
My Panasonic handset fell in the toilet and has water in it. How do I take the two plastic pieces (covers) off to get the water out and let it dry. The model of the base station is KX-TG6645SK. I found the two screws in the battery compartment
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
6/9/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of your damaged handset.
Just so you know, once these handsets have "gotten wet", the long term "reliability" is questionable, and you may want to consider purchasing a replacement (extra) handset - and then register it to the Main Base Unit. I have a link to Amazon where I did a search for the replacement handset(s) for this system. By the way, the Model Number of the replacement is KX-TGA660.
Amazon search for KX-TGA660 Handset:
http://amzn.to/1DB2mvl
With that being said, MOST of these handset covers are "snap together" pieces, and you will need a flat instrument (plastic preferred) to carefully pry the pieces apart. The "hard part" is to do this without damaging the case.
As a reference on how to do this, I have a link to a video that shows a handset being taken apart for repair. NOTE: This is not the exact handset, but the process is the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjaofdWVA0Q
I also have a link to a search I did for "phone repair tools", as there is a PLASTIC tool that I use to open most cases in electronic devices like this (I don't like to use screwdrivers or other "metal" tools.
Phone repair tools search results (on Amazon)
http://amzn.to/1S1L4LO
Again, in the long run (for reliability), the best solution might be to replace the handset with a new one. Registering a new handset to the Main Base Unit is a relatively easy process, and I can give you instructions to do that - if you need them.
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)