Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

What does Eco mean.We have no dial tone

Customer Question
What does Eco mean. We have...
What does Eco mean.
We have no dial tone
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
5/27/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Eco would not cause this problem. Eco mode is simply a power (battery) saving feature that allows the handset to use less power to transmit when it is within close range of the base station. It turns on and off automatically as needed, and cannot be changed or disabled. That feature will not impact your ability to get a dial tone though. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)