Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I received 3 new batteries cordless phones order number

Customer Question

I received 3 new batteries for my cordless phones order number ES502208, I installed the batteries and my phones are still not working. There isn't a dial tone when I press talk.
I installed in the 3 phones I have. What should I do, the phones will come on but there is no dial tone.
I didn't realize I would have to pay more for an answer, if this is the case I will return the batteries for a credit on my Visa card.
Thank you,
Dolores xxxx
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi Dolores, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
The batteries are not necessary the cause of the problem or the solution to the issue.
Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:
1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) What prompted you to replace the batteries initially? Did you have a dial tone before?