Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

On my cordless phone, every time I dial a number (auto or manual),

Customer Question
a busy signal begins and...
On my cordless phone, every time I dial a number (auto or manual), a busy signal begins and I cannot complete any call
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/24/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

1. on both of them

2. no fax

3.landline cable

4. dsl?

5. I am handicapped It will talk me a bit to turn the base over

Do you have any other phone other than the cordless system?I ask because This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. It would be extremely helpful as a next step if you could test another phone on the line, to isolate the issue further. If you don't have one, can you borrow a phone from a friend/neighbor?I'll await your reply and model info, when you have a chance. No rush at all, take your time.

Panasonic KX-TG7621 My cell phone was dead, just started charging it

Thank you for the information.As an initial step, The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. If this does not help, we would then need to test the line further with another device.

This will take me some time because of handicap...

Yes I understand, and that is just fine. Take as long as you need.

As soon as I began following your instructions, your instructions disappeared from the screen. No reflection on you but I'm going to abort this "help" It is not helping. I thought that I would be contacting a Panasonic re.

I'll be happy to resend the information for you: Thank you for the information.As an initial step,The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. If this does not help, we would then need to test the line further with another device. I am an independent tech, working with you on this justanswer.com site, a paid support service. I do not work for panasonic directly, but I am an authorized panasonic dealer/installer. Your phone system is a 5 year old model, so they would no longer provide free support for you, and as this is just as likely to be a line issue, they'd just send you back to the phone company.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,
Nathan, Technician