Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic 5.8GHz digital cordless phone. I've

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Panasonic...
Hi, I have a Panasonic 5.8GHz digital cordless phone. I've had the phone for a year or 2, its been great. I was giving the base a clean with a damp sponge the other day as the play message button was a bit sticky. Since then, our pre-recorded message has been deleted and although I have recorded a new one, it doesn't play when people call. Instead its just the generic message set by the provider. Can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
5/20/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of your Panasonic system?
That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN BASE UNIT and should start with KX-TG.
May I also ask about the "generic message" (what is it exactly) and WHEN this message is played (after how many rings does the system take to pick up a call)?
Thanks
Hi The Model # ***** and the amounts of rings before the message is meant to start is 6 ringers.
The Message that is recorded is a standard voice mail message .
On the base there is a button to check message and the message can be heard by pressing that button.
Thanks
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - when you attempted to record a NEW greeting, did you EVER hear that greeting played back to you - to CONFIRM that it got recorded?
May I also ask if you still have the manual for this system - in case we need to refer to it?
Thanks
Hi , i have got it working ,we didnt press the answer on button.
Thanks
Hi again,
You are quite welcome. I'm glad it was something simple.
And just in case you need it, I have a link to an electronic (PDF) version of the manual for you below.
http://www.interquartz.com.au/objectlibrary/4173
Please let me know if you have any more issues.
Take Care, Greg A.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)