Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Panasonic Cordless Answering System KX-TG4221, and

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Cordless Answering System KX-TG4221, and a Panasonic 2 line
answering system at my office. I don't have the model number at home. When I
came home this afternoon, I tried to call my office telephone. It rang alot, and
the message that came on was that of my home telephone answering system.
I could not access my office telephone to retrieve calls. I did disconnect the power
cord from the base, and there was the same problem. Kindly advise me how to
correct this problem. The system at home was only purchased last month.
You may call ***-***-**** and see if my home answering system message
plays. I can be reached at home ***-***-**** or *****@******.***.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. From what you describe it would seem to indicate that you have your office phone forwarded to your home phone or your home phone voicemail. Since you unplugged the base and the same thing happened, then it isn't related to the phone, but rather the phone line. So what you will need to do is disable call forwarding on the office line. The way you do this will depend on the service that you have. For example, for AT&T service, you would dial *73 or 73# ***** disable call forwarding. You can try this key combination or if you would like to tell me who provides your phone service at work, I may be able to find the correct combination for you.
I apologize but I did leave out one thing. I am assuming that from your home phone you are able to make other calls and just not call your office. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, We can make calls to other numbers from our home phone. It is just a problem with the office phone. I will
check with Comcast this morning. John Shamy
Okay, then I'm pretty sure that's what the problem is. This also probably means that you can't receive any calls on the office number. Let me know how you make out. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. Thank you. Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I called the cable provider and they cancelled the call forwarding, and it now works fine. Thanks, JCS
That's excellent news. Glad to hear. Now if you wouldn't mind, please use one of the rating icons that say okay, good or excellent so I will receive credit for helping you. Thank you Mike