Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

i can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming

6/25/2012
Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear about your trouble. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you with this.

Kindly let me know your phone model no.

Also what response you get when you call your no. from an alternate no.? Is the ring going or engaged all the time?
phone-siemens gigaset c470-475
mobile phone is trying to connect,but there is no indication from the called phone of any sort
Are you using fixed line or VoIP? If both, which one is causing problem?
fixed line
When you dial the fixed line no. from your mobile, do you hear the ring in Mobile's ear piece?

If not, disconnect the gigaset from the fixed line and then try dialing the no. from your mobile again. Let me know how things comes up now... Is it the same or do you hear the ringing sound(from Mobile's ear piece now?
yes! you can hear ringing tone on mobile but not on fixed line
You mean after disconnecting the line from the gigaset or before that itself?
before
Thanks for the reply Harold.

1. Can you tell me what happens if you take the gigaset while you are receiving a call on the gigaset?
  2. Does the ring stop(on the mobile's ear piece) when you take the handset?
  3. Is the screen on the gigaset showing any sign of incoming calls while you receive any call?
1--if i takethe set while ringing there is no change
3- no
Is there any other phone connected to the same line? Do you have a spare phone?
yes-one sattelite ststion-this gives exactly the same result
Is the satellite station a different phone? or an extra handset of the gigaset module?
extra handset
Do you have any other separate phone? I mean other than the gigaset?

I am asking you this, in order to sort out whether the problem is with the gigaset or telephone line..
no only the gigaset. could it be batteries that are running down?
Very unlikely. Because if it were the batteries you won't be able to make outgoing calls as well.

When did the issue occur?
in response to above if it were the line at fault how can i make outgoing calls but not receive in coming?

to the best of my knowledge it started about 3 days ago, but could have been earlier?
It can happen. You will be able to dial call and not receive calls.

Do you have a spare phone(not extra handset of Gigaset module)?
yes-mobile no-07906179299
No, I mean landline/fixed line phone.. Do you have one?

Sorry for the confusion.
no
Did you(or anyone else) change any no. assignment settings?
SUCCESS-DEACTIVATE HANDSET WAS PRESSED INADVERTENTLY BY MY WIFE--PROBLEM SOLVED!! MANY THANKSFOR YOUR HELP
Glad to hear that!

If you were satisfied with me service, please click on any of the right 3 smiley. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician
Shaheen
Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician