Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a Panasonic telephone, model KX-TGA652. The new voice

Customer Question
mail message came on, informing...
I have a Panasonic telephone, model KX-TGA652. The new voice mail message came on, informing me of a voice mail call. After I took the call, the clock function/main display did not return. It still says "New Voice Mail," even though the caller list says "0 items stored." How do I get the main display back? Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/16/2012
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

Can you tell me the Model Number of the Main Base Unit of your system? This is the part of the system that actually plugs into the phone cord at the back of the unit. The model number should be on a sticker on the bottom of the unit and have a format of KX-TG xxxx - where xxxx is a 4-digit number. The KX-TGA numbers are for the handset only.

Can you also tell me the TOTAL number of handsets you have for this system?

Thanks
KX-TG6513B WITH 3 HANDSETS
Hi again,

OK - Can you tell me what happens when you use the handset and touch the Talk button? Can you do that and QUICKLY listen to see if you hear a series of dial tone "pluses" - and then a solid dial tone?

Thanks

Yes. The pulsed dial tone commes on immediately and goes to a solid dial tone after four pulses. It is identical to the off-hook signals when there is a message waiting.

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay.

That series of pulses you are hearing is commonly referred to as a "stutter tone", and those pulses are coming from your service provider (phone company).

What the could mean is that a new voice mail came in - while you were listening to your other voice mails, or that your provider did NOT mark some of your messages as "listened to" or "old".

What I would recommend is that you check your voice mail again and see if there are any "New" messages there, AND check and listen to any "saved" messages that you may have.

After a few minutes, the stutter tone SHOULD go away, and your Voice Mail indicator should to away too. If it does not, then you will need to contact your service provider and let them know that there is a problem with that Voice Mail waiting tone that they are still sending after you have listened to all your messages.

Please let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Take Care, Greg A.

Our friends at Frontier (the former Verizon) solved the problem! Thanks.

Hi again & thanks for letting me know what happened.

If you are satisfied with the help I provided, please remember to click accept so that I get credit for working with you. And please let us know if yo have more questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer