Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a pair of Uniden PMR885-2CKHS two way radios. Handset…

Customer Question
I have a pair of...
I have a pair of Uniden PMR885-2CKHS two way radios. Handset A has a handset icon on the display and can communicate with handset B ok. Handset B does not have a handset icon showing and does not transmit to handset A but can receive transmissions from A.
How can I turn on the handset icon?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/16/2012
Electronics Technician: protek480, Customer Service replied 6 years ago
protek480
protek480, Customer Service
protek480 :

Turn the radios both on. Check the frequency that they both are set to the same channel. Then check that the check that they both have the same CTCSS code. Choosing a CTCSS Code.
Each of the channels 1-22 may have any one of
the codes, OFF or 1-38 selected. Code oF (OFF)
indicates no CTCSS code selected and your radio
can receive a signal regardless of the code settings
of the transmitting radio.
1) Enter the Menu. The CTCSS code on the LCD
display will appear.
2) Press the ↑ or ↓ key to increase or decrease
the code number displayed.You can also select
oF (OFF) at this stage.
3) Exit the Menu.

protek480 :

Here are the instructions too:

protek480 :

Set them both the same and they will be able to communicate.

protek480 :

Same main frequency channel and then the same CTCSS code

Customer:

They both have the same channel and CTSS code but only handset A can call handset B. Handset A has an icon which i think is the receive icon on the display all the time. Handset B does not have this icon until the PTT button is pressed. Should this icon be on all the time on handset A

protek480 :

I believe it's in 'monitor' mote. Press 'MON' button to go out of monitor mode

Customer:

The mon button on the handset with the receive icon on the display doesn't seem to function the same as on the other handset. Pressing the mon button changes the icon to flashing but does not turn it off.

protek480 :

Try removing the battery for a few seconds to reset it. Then re install and try it

protek480 :

Look at the instructions again and look at the illustration of the radio and the icons. Verify the exact icon position as yours that is on all the time for me. Is it the receive icon?

protek480 :

#15 icon?

protek480 :

Please verify the icon for me and it's number from illustration in user instructions

protek480 :

I gave you above