Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

All 3 of my wireless phones say that the "Base no power" I&

Customer Question
All 3 of my wireless...
All 3 of my wireless phones say that the "Base no power" I've ck the power and it works fine.
Whats the problem
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/6/2012
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome,

Can you tell me the model number on the main base unit of the system? This is the part that plugs into the actual phone jack, and that is where you want to check for power.

The model number of the base should have a format of KX-TGxxxx where xxxx is a 4-digit number.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
the base is PNLC1010 YA SERIAL # XXXXX
Hi again,

Please look for the format of KX-TGxxxx.

This is for the main base unit - where there may be an answering system and you will be putting ONE of the handsets from the system.

Thanks
OK THE MODEL IS KX-TG6531
Hi again & sorry for the delay,

Thanks for that information.

What I would recommend is a full system reset. I have the instructions for that below.

============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each handset for proper function.
============================

Please give these things a try and let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Take Care, Greg A.
My phones are still not working.
Hi again,

OK - there is one more thing that we can try. That is to try an "re-register" the handsets - one at a time - to the base unit. This is because the registration information may have been lost in the handsets.

The instructions to do the re-registration are on page 31 or your manual for the system. Don't worry if you do not have the manual handy, as I have a link to the manual below. Just click the link and the manual should appear on your screen. Then go to page 31 and follow the instructions.

Manual <-- Click Here

Please let me know what happens or if you have any trouble with that link.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
The main hand set says Registrating. but the other handsets are still saying base no power.
Hi I finally have telephones.... Thanks for all your help. It took all day long but I have telephones.
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer