Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Uniden dect 6.0 cordless phone.... No dial tone.........when

Uniden dect 6.0 cordless phone.... No dial tone.........when any buttons on base station depressed, three beeps occur (on each/all). The buttons function does not occur. Had set message center to 4 rings daybefore the phone quit working. Made call to it by cel phone to be sure it was working. Incoming calls get message that 'the party you called cannot take your call'.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Initially, post back with the model number of the Uniden phone system; something like a 1588-2
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Appears a reply was provided but in a new question HERE.

Appreciate the information.

Proposed checks/tries of a fix (if have not tried):
  • temporarily disconnect the telephone cord from the rear of the 2080-3;
  • wait 15 minutes;
  • with the telephone cord still disconnected and no other telephones connected to the same telephone line, call that number using a cell phone or another phone on another line;
  • note if the number would ring, busy tone or still "...the party you called cannot take your call...";
  • if available connect a regular phone to the now disconnected telephone cord;
  • using the regular phone, check for dial tone, clicking sound or anything audible;
  • replace the telephone cord if available.

Please post back how things turned up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As it happens, had new cord and old style telephone.....new cord did not work; exchanging oldstyle phone with uniden didn't work either. no response after disconnect followed by reconnect after 15 minutes......no success

Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, on the "...disconnect followed by reconnect after 15 minutes..."

Was below tried:
  • wait 15 minutes;

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not sure what's going on now...I had responded that none of the above procedures worked. I noted having put on new phone cord and had old style phone which,, when connected inb place of base (home) phone plug,did nothing nor did disconnecting for 15 minutes. Calling with cel got 'the party you called etc' and no dial tone occurred.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Based on the results, it would most likely be not a Uniden issue. If even with no telephone connected to the line cord, the same message is received by the calling party, then the fault would be with the phone service.

Have you brought this to the attention of the phone service provider?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi....yes..went to server (Cenbtury Link) and it was caused by a faulty line from modem to phone line in second tv in house. The line served only to get a ppv channel so I've disconnected it. I have also asked that my original check mark be changed to show only a charge be made for this one question...;not for future potential questions. Should I have needfor further info, I will come back to you and pay for that one time service. I believe you did what you could based on data available to justify the one time charge.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Appreciate the accept and the update.

The "...my original check mark be changed to show only a charge be made for this one question...;not for future potential questions..." has been brought to the attention of accounts & billings.

Good luck and thank you for asking.