Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

My doctor has been writing my prescription for MSIR 15mg as…

Customer Question
Hi! My doctor...

Hi! My doctor has been writing my prescription for MSIR 15mg as shown the same way since I started taking it over 3 years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I follow my contract and go to the same pharmacy all the time. Suddenly my pharmacist says that the prescription is not being written correctly, Can you tell me how that prescription should be written as my pain management doctor is sick and tired of this particular pharmacist changing his method of having the same prescriptions written on what seems to be the actions of an unstable pharmacist as many other customers complain about the same situation with this particular pharmacist. I want to be compliant but do not want him to be able to add things on to prescriptions and leave me in pain until I get to my doctor and then come back to him and many times by the time I get back to the Pharmacy he tells me they no longer have the drug in stock. Unfortunately, he has been appointed head pharmacist after the prior heard pharmacist left Walmart for a better job. The former head pharmacist was THE BEST PHARMACIST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. Not only are customers irate with the unprofessional and iritic behavior of this person but since I have been a customer for so many years I have become somewhat friendly with the technicians. Many have left and the others are looking for other jobs because they are not treated with any respect or even in a semiprofessional manner by this pharmacist who berates them loudly in front of customers. Complaints to District Manager has fallen on deaf ears. At any rate, back to my original question, what is the proper wording to be used by my doctor to have a prescription for MSIR 15mg tablets to be written)note: my doctor does include the DX code on all our prescriptions). Thank you for your assistance with this matter and I don’t like to pressure you but my pills were due to be filled yesterday, so time is of the essence. Again, I thank you for your assistance with this matter and I am sorry that I beat your ear (or in this case, your eyes). I look forward to hearing from you as quickly as possible so I can get these filled properly.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, my doctor gets an updated medication list every month that I see him. I keep all my doctors informed of all my health issues and I have my psychiatrist review all medications and OTC supplements on a monthly basis. She has gone as far as to have my DNA tested to see which drugs work in my system, which need to be changed, etc.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
5/29/2018
Pharmacist: Dr Easton, Doctor (MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Easton
Dr Easton, Doctor (MD)

Hi my name is***** currently work as a clinical pharmacist at a very well respected hospital in Oklahoma. It is truly my pleasure to be able to assist you today. I am sorry that you are having so many problems getting your pain medication filled. There are certain federal and state laws that we must follow but they do not change all that frequently. It sounds to me like this is a bad unprofessional pharmacist. If I were you I would contact someone higher up in the Walmart chain of command or call the corporate office if the need arises. I take my career very seriously and always go above and beyond for my patients in the hospital and also in my retail career. While there are not necessarily any specifications on how to write a prescription in Oklahoma with pain contracts we generally prefer the doctors put on the prescription to not fill before a date like 6/1/2018 and then write is such as morphine sulfate IR 15 mg 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain #120 tablets **MUST LAST 30 DAYS** I do not know of a reputable pharmacist who would do such things to customers. Please let me know if you have any more questions or need anything else.

Is there any further information that is required on the bottom of the prescription, I don’t have exact wording but can get it if necessary. He made me have the doctor re-write the prescription last month to include on the bottom of my prescription: something about not substitute for a bio-chemical... As I said I don’t have the exact wording but I just wanted to know if the government has a requirement such as what I am describing to be included on a prescription for MSIR 15mg? Thank you for your prompt response!
Sir, I am on Medicare and do not have $50.0 available just to talk to you. Aren’t you able to give me the answer to my relatively simple question via this message system?

I am actually a female. You are absolutely welcome for the response. Your doctor will need to write on the prescription generic substitution not allowed if brand name is ***** ***** doctors use computer generated prescriptions where this has boxes for these things which they can check.