Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have to take gabapentin 800mg my wife also takes them we…

Customer Question
I have to take...

I have to take gabapentin 800mg my wife also takes them we been getting the brand from MFG GLENMARK can you give me the ingratiate sheet for these and for one from MFG AUROBINDO

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I have not talked to my doctor he is not on call today many time in these generic drugs they will use something different to make it hard maybe a different die nothing that really affects the pill HAHAAND BULL but my wife got a rash and so I went to look it up but cant find the shhet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I dont think so it just caused a rash\

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
5/27/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 2 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Please allow me a moment to review your question
Thank you for your patience!
Those generics do use different inactive ingredients including fillers and dyes. It's totally possible your wife is reacting to one of those inactive ingredients.
The best way to get the list of all ingredients is to contact the Pharmacy where you got them filled and ask for the pharmacist to read you the package insert those generics come with. Package insert has each and every ingredient listed.
I hope I was able to answer your question to your satisfaction! If you have no further questions, then please kindly rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of your screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!
Update**
I was able to look up Glenmark ingredients and they are:
Each Gabapentin Tablet USP contains 600 mg or 800 mg of gabapentin USP and the following inactive ingredients: corn starch, copovidone, poloxamer 407, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, talc, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, macrogol, polysorbate 80 and purified water.
Allow me a moment to look up
AUROBINDO as well
Here is AUROBINDO
Each capsule contains the following inactive ingredients: corn starch and talc. The empty hard gelatin capsule shell consists of gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate, and titanium dioxide. In addition 300 mg also contains yellow iron oxide and 400 mg also contains yellow iron oxide and red iron oxide. The capsules are printed with edible ink containing black iron oxide and shellac.
Just a friendly reminder to please rate your experience by selecting the stars on the top of your computer screen. I will get credit for helping you ONLY if you rate my service. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might still have. Take care.
Was the information provided helpful?