Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I just realized I had accidentally been taking simvastatin…

Customer Question
I just realized I had...
I just realized I had accidentally been taking simvastatin (20Mg) and atorvostatin (40mg) together for a week or so. My doctor switched me to the atorvostatin months ago, but I never got rid of he bottle and without thinking grouped the pill recently in with my meds.
P
Is this really bad? Do I have reason to worry?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

No this is not really bad at all

It is basically the same as taking 60 mg of atorvastatin per day

max dose is 80 mg per day

so you are fine.

Your cholesterol will just be a little better

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)