Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I'm taking clindamycin and I just drank some grapefruit

Customer Question
Hi, I'm taking clindamycin...

Hi, I'm taking clindamycin and I just drank some grapefruit juice. I didn't know it was a problem. It has been six hours since I took my last pill. What should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take no medications other than the clindamycin

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
5/2/2018
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

when did you drink the juice? Just now?

Over the last thirty minutes

just wait another 6 hours and take the clinda

It will be fine

One glass of juice will have minimal effect

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!